Looks like the floodgates are opening for “official” Government of Canada Twitter presences.
New ones I’ve spotted in the last week:
- @CanadaIntl – The account for the 2010 G8 Summit in Muskoka. Currently inactive, but it’s being promoted on the G8 website.
- Environment Canada – pursuing an interesting strategy as the main Twitter account being promoted from the Department’s website would appear to be the the Minister’s personal account.
- @eyesabroad – just launched (yesterday!) from the www.international.gc.ca web team. Something cool: a clear and concise Twitter policy for interested followers outlining how the account will be managed.
- @HealthCanada – this account has actually been live for a while now, and they’re up to almost 800 followers. Now being promoted on www.hc-sc.gc.ca’s home page too. Dunno why I didn’t notice it before.
- Natural Resources Canada – the always-innovative NRCan is pursuing Twitter presences on a number of fronts, including a recruiting account, as well as accounts aimed at their own employees – such as @NRCan Library and @NR_RNbulletin. Score one for transparency!
This is by no means a comprehensive list. I’m sure there’s other recently launched GoC accounts on Twitter that I’ve not spotted yet. Tell me about them in the comments!